Monday, September 22, 2008

From Carol

Victoria—I’ve been listening to you for quite a while now, and even though I don’t live in Portland, I know that what happens in Portland will soon come across the bridge to Vancouver.

I originally lived in the Yakima Valley and owned and operated orchards and vineyards with my husband. So I am well acquainted with the illegal alien issue. For many years, we had Mexican people working for us. Most of them were legally here, but occasionally I would find one that had bogus papers. I found out that these papers were being ‘made up’ in a small town north and east of Yakima and cost each individual about $35 (about 10 to 15 years ago).

My point is this. Once an illegal alien is in this country, it’s almost impossible to get them to go back to their country. That’s why I support a ‘guest worker program’. If an employer needs 20 workers to get the job done, then that employer should sponsor 20 workers for a certain period of time. When the job is done, they should be sent back home. I know this has been tried before. Since the federal government wants to get so involved, we could have ID Chips inserted in each guest worker. It should be inserted in the area that Mexican males seem to be most ‘proud of’ (near the ‘jewels’) and the chances of them being removed without medical attention would be limited. (who wants to dig around their own jewels?)

When the individual tries to sneak across the border back to the US, then that chip would send off a signal, and guess what? Back home you go, buddy!

One more comment. Why the heck do we need so many ‘foreigners’ to do the job that Americans citizens should and could be doing? I know how to hoe between the pepper plants, and I could teach others to do it in no time at all. Think of the suntan and fresh air we could get. And most of us could stand a little bending and squatting around our middles.

Carol

No comments: