Monday, September 22, 2008

From Deb

Mayor Potter,
You will probably remember me as I worked as an officer and a Detective at the Portland Police Bureau during the time you were still there as well as when you were chief. I had come to admire you through the years as you were always fair and you had the guts to stand up for the bureau even though some of the communities as well as the Mayor's office were ready to dismantle the bureau. Toward the end of your career at the bureau, I started to see a change in you which put political correctness ahead of what I and hundreds of other officers had come to believe was a man with strong ethics.
What happened ? I now see you as a man haunted by his own demons. But instead of doing your battle in private you are battling the good, hard working people in Portland. The Tom Potter I knew would have NEVER DONE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WHILE YOU ARE MAYOR. How can you justify the evil you are perpetuating? You are thumbing your nose at the law abiding citizens of Oregon but erecting and supporting an ILLEGAL WORK CENTER. You are thumbing your nose at the hard working honest men and women who work as police officers for Portland by forcing them to ignore the illegal behavior of people who have no right to be here. Approximately 8000 AMERICANS are killed by illegals EVERY year either by drunk driving or other assualts. I want to see you look into the eyes of the family members who have lost a mother, father or child to an illegal and explain how you are right to provide sanctuary to these people. I am ashamed of you. Deb

No comments: